Senior Video Producer
The Senior Video Producer at Yakkety Yak will support our Director of Production in creating marketing video projects from concept to delivery.
You’ll bring creative chops and logistical savvy to start-to-finish content projects both direct to client and through our Accounts team - ensuring a high level of execution and organization in each phase of production.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned video storyteller with diverse experience- as comfortable leading a 2-person documentary-style crew as a 20-person commercial crew. You will be knowledgeable of set production liabilities and best practices, and will thrive on bringing projects in on time and on budget.
Client relationships will be a top priority, and you’ll manage expectations for creative and timeline like a pro. You’ll be able to communicate effectively with editors, motion artists, and other post-production specialists to bring projects to life in the edit. You’ll have a demonstrated ability to manage video work that delivers on creative quality while serving a client communication or advertising need.
You’ll help ensure that content is optimized for website views, paid ads, email marketing, social posts, webinars, and virtual events, and that we’re creating content that resonates on each platform. You’ll also help spot opportunities to repurpose content for different formats.
Bonus points if you can jump in on Premiere and pull selects, organize footage, or send interviews out for transcript.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative team player with a “no job is too big or too small” mentality, who is eager to grow in a fast-paced, agency environment.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will contribute in the following areas:
Manage project pre-production
- Quickly distill client goals, work with the video team to establish creative vision, and communicate and pitch a concept for approval to the internal team and clients
- Write project outlines and / or scripts (supported by content team)
- Secure and manage production resources
- Book talent, vendors, specialty crew, and locations
- Arrange gear rentals, pickups and returns
- Present creative solutions to help projects stay on budget
- Preparing shot lists, call sheets, crew paperwork
- Interview question creation
- Stock footage research
- Crew communication, logistics, and management
- On-set interview producing
- Problem solving and on-set client management in conjunction with the account team
- Assist Director of Production to manage freelance or staff editors.
- Effectively manage post-production resources.
- Use stock footage, music licensing, specialty vendors, and freelancers in accordance with the project budget.
- Ensure freelance data is transferred to the company and closed out at the end of the project.
- Ensure project files and assets are backed up to the server during project wrap.
Additional duties, as assigned.
What You Bring
Our expectations for the candidate include:
Nice to Haves:
Adobe Premiere editorial expertise
- Prep and ingest footage
- Make selects, send to transcript, sync footage
5+ years of experience
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field OR equivalent experience
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously Creativity is a must, but taking deadlines seriously is essential, so you must be able to work under pressure
Desire to take initiative, own the product, and work collaboratively with teammates
Ability to confront hurdles with positivity and poise
Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite
Extensive knowledge of video marketing trends
Submit Your Application
Think you might be a good fit for our team? We'd love to meet you.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 3 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to sample work or professional website
Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office. #SharpentheSaw
We get that doctors visits, childcare, mental health and personal matters need space in the workday, too.
Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
Plan for your future with our 401-K program with employer match.
Loft-style office steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
Our Commitment to DEI
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We fuse strategy and content production to craft high-impact stories for brands and businesses that care about doing good. Our full-service marketing team expertly combines multi-channel digital marketing to ignite empathy and inspire action. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.