Yakkety Yak is a full-service content marketing agency dedicated to giving back and we are looking for an outgoing, experienced and creative content enthusiast to join our team as Marketing Coordinator. We are offering the right candidate the chance to work for a dynamic business that is focused on servicing purpose-driven clients. With writing and visual communication as our main objectives, you will be immersed in the ins and outs of content marketing, social media, digital communications and inbound lead generation.
Does this sound like you?
The right fit for the Marketing Coordinator role is diligent, organized and has a combined love of writing and business with an eye for design. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter interested in working with all facets of content and inbound marketing.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative team player with a “no job is too big or too small” mentality, who is eager to grow in a fast-paced, agency environment.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will contribute in the following areas:
- Upholding our company’s values of curious, accountable, authentic, committed and kind.
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO best practices
- Assist the account manager in day to day activities
- Support in client communication to execute all aspects of the business function
- Work in conjunction with the content team to produce best-in-class content on behalf of our clients
- Oversee content development to ensure that all work product aligns with the brand strategy and client goals
- Flex creative muscle in content production
- Contribute to blog, social media, newsletter and website content development
- Work in conjunction with the design team to deliver marketing materials
- Review blog posts and premium content from freelance contributors and staff writers across multiple client accounts
- Pivot content strategy based on engagement and other metrics
- Manage contributors and writers by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines, and requesting revisions when needed
- The ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience with writing and managing engaging social media content
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- Ability to confront any hurdles with a calm, positive mindset and a sense of confidence
- A knack for finding creative solutions without close supervision
What You Bring
Our expectations for the candidate include:
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in communications, marketing or business or equivalent experience
- 1–2 years of marketing or agency experience
- HubSpot experience or similar lead generation platform preferred
- Background in writing and marketing, showcasing the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience working with brand content and/or ads on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Basic knowledge of blogging, email marketing and SEO and SEM principles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Creativity is a must, but taking deadlines seriously is essential, so you have to be able to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take your own initiative, own your work, but also work collaboratively with teammates in all departments of the agency
- Open to constructive feedback from the team
- Hubspot Inbound Certification (upon start date)
- Experience creating engaging content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Understanding of SEO and how to write search-worthy content
- WordPress and Squarespace knowledge
- Email automation in platforms including Constant Contact, MailChimp and HubSpot
Submit Your Application
Think you might be a good fit for our team? We'd love to meet you.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 3 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to sample work or professional website
Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office. #SharpentheSaw
We get that doctors visits, childcare, mental health and personal matters need space in the workday, too.
Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
Plan for your future with our 401-K program with employer match.
Loft-style office steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
Our Commitment to DEI
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We fuse strategy and content production to craft high-impact stories for brands and businesses that care about doing good. Our full-service marketing team expertly combines multi-channel digital marketing to ignite empathy and inspire action. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.