Yakkety Yak is seeking a graphic designer to assist our growing team with day-to-day creative work in both digital and print. Working alongside our Art Director and Account Managers, your projects will range from creating social media graphics for the agency’s array of clients to designing custom marketing materials, developing branding, and other graphic design services.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will contribute in the following areas:
- Upholding our company’s values of curious, accountable, authentic, committed and kind.
- Turn around client-ready work on a deadline
- Contribute to the innovative visual strategies of each client with the ultimate goal of delivering on deadline and exceeding expectations
- Assist in design production from initial concepts to the final design product
- Create graphics and design templates for clients’ social media campaigns
- Collaborate with Writers, Content Strategists and Art Director to make sure all assignments are on-brand and client objectives are met
- Support branding initiatives by creating digital and print graphic design elements
- Develop logos and brand guidelines
- Illustrate blog images
- Research clients’ online presence to better understand their brand and vision
What You Bring
Our expectations for the candidate include:
- Experienced designer with a degree or professional training in art, graphic design or equivalent work experience
- Outstanding knowledge of graphic design principles
- Maestro of deadlines who is both organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to take your own initiative, own your work, but also work collaboratively with teammates in all departments of the agency
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Background or experience in web design is preferred but not required, particularly Sketch and Invision
Submit Your Application
Think you might be a good fit for our team? We'd love to meet you.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 3 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to sample work or professional website
Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office. #SharpentheSaw
We get that doctors visits, childcare, mental health and personal matters need space in the workday, too.
Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
Plan for your future with our 401-K program with employer match.
Loft-style office steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
Our Commitment to DEI
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We fuse strategy and content production to craft high-impact stories for brands and businesses that care about doing good. Our full-service marketing team expertly combines multi-channel digital marketing to ignite empathy and inspire action. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.