Do you love bringing beautiful ideas to life? Are you a stickler for the details who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are you inspired to solve problems and help companies grow? If so, then you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
Does this sound like you?
As a Yakkety Yak Full Stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development for client website projects. You have a strong understanding of the WordPress ecosystem, the latest industry trends and content management systems, and you are always looking for the next big idea. You know about API keys, have tinkered with Zapier, and transferred a domain or two in your day. We don’t have all the answers and we don’t expect you too, either. We do expect that you’ll show up ready to take initiative, self-educate, and have some fun along the way.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will contribute in the following areas:
- Uphold Yakkety Yak Core Values of Committed, Authentic, Curious, Accountable and Kind
- Create custom frameworks from professionally built UI/UX designs or create websites from pre-built frameworks
- Be able to transfer domains and input DNS records to create optimal hosting for clients
- Be conscience of SEO best practices and work with our in-house SEO Director on websites
- Build and develop responsive designs that align with client’s brand and user needs
- Has experience with WooCommerce and setting up ecommerce products and systems
- Technical expertise of Zapier solutions and software system integrations
- Understands the business solutions and gateway processes to create and implement API keys
- Handle technical updates and basic maintenance of multiple client websites
- Build websites ethically with developer best practices in mind
- Handle website testing, QA, technical updates and basic maintenance of multiple client websites
What You Bring
Our expectations for the candidate include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work with a team and bend to client’s needs
- Experience building user interfaces for responsive design websites and web applications
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Understanding of CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of interactions with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Working knowledge of domain and hosting setup
- Willingness to learn new programs and technology such as Pardot and HubSpot
Submit Your Application
Think you might be a good fit for our team? We'd love to meet you.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 3 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to sample work or professional website
Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office. #SharpentheSaw
We get that doctors visits, childcare, mental health and personal matters need space in the workday, too.
Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
Plan for your future with our 401-K program with employer match.
Loft-style office steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
Our Commitment to DEI
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We fuse strategy and content production to craft high-impact stories for brands and businesses that care about doing good. Our full-service marketing team expertly combines multi-channel digital marketing to ignite empathy and inspire action. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.