Yakkety Yak is looking for a market-leading Account Manager to lead our clients to new strategic heights. Are you a show-runner who loves rolling up your sleeves and tackling real business problems? Are you a business-savvy doer with a creative eye and a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem? Are you a builder who thrives on becoming a key player on a high-growth team?
If so, this is your dream job.
As a Yakkety Yak Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing client relationships, creating and executing effective brand strategies and marketing campaigns, leading campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign and leading a team of kick-ass content producers. As the owner of your client portfolio, you will inspire confidence and act as trusted counsel to each of your clients. You will also work across our internal departments to represent the voice of the client and ensure that world-class project deliverables are delivered on time and on budget. And as a big thinker with the grit to get things done, you’re an all-around awesome human being who will play an integral part in our clients’ growth—and in the overall success of Yakkety Yak.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will contribute in the following areas:
- Upholding our company’s values of curious, accountable, authentic, committed and kind.
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO best practices
- Assist the account manager in day to day activities
- Support in client communication to execute all aspects of the business function
- Work in conjunction with the content team to produce best-in-class content on behalf of our clients
- Oversee content development to ensure that all work product aligns with the brand strategy and client goals
- Flex creative muscle in content production
- Contribute to blog, social media, newsletter and website content development
- Work in conjunction with the design team to deliver marketing materials
- Review blog posts and premium content from freelance contributors and staff writers across multiple client accounts
- Pivot content strategy based on engagement and other metrics
- Manage contributors and writers by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines, and requesting revisions when needed
- The ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Experience with writing and managing engaging social media content
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- Ability to confront any hurdles with a calm, positive mindset and a sense of confidence
- A knack for finding creative solutions without close supervision
What You Bring
Our expectations for the candidate include:
- 5-7 years of client management experience
- Experience working with healthcare, nonprofit organizations and startups would be great
- Experience with global campaign ideation and execution strongly preferred
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to deliver world-class work
- Experience formulating and presenting strategies to management teams and executives
- An adept communicator at ease translating technical ideas to non-technical professionals
- Decisive, tenacious self-starter who loves solving problems
- Strong sense of ownership–when it comes to client deliverables, the buck stops with you
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Creativity is a must, but taking deadlines seriously is essential, so you must be able to work under pressure.
- Desire to take initiative, own the product, and work collaboratively with teammates across our studios.
- Eagerness to develop new guidelines to support the long-term growth of the organization.
- Ability to confront hurdles with positivity and poise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (advanced degree a plus)
- HubSpot Content Marketing Training (to be completed after starting)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G Suite, and Keynote
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Working knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads
Submit Your Application
Think you might be a good fit for our team? We'd love to meet you.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 3 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to sample work or professional website
Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision–and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office. #SharpentheSaw
We get that doctors visits, childcare, mental health and personal matters need space in the workday, too.
Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
Plan for your future with our 401-K program with employer match.
Loft-style office steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
Our Commitment to DEI
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We fuse strategy and content production to craft high-impact stories for brands and businesses that care about doing good. Our full-service marketing team expertly combines multi-channel digital marketing to ignite empathy and inspire action. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.